iOS8.4 screen bug?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rascalsco, Jul 17, 2015.

1. rascalsco macrumors newbie

Jul 17, 2015
    Hi there, since updating to iOS8.4 my TouchID stopped working and phantom screen inputs started occurring. I changed my phone but the phantom inputs continued. For instance, trying to tap an app resulted in random apps opening and selections being made. At one point I accidentally sent lots of messages to friends just because I couldn't stop the input! I took my phone to an Apple Store, they replaced the display but it's started happening again.

Could this be a bug? If rumours of 'force touch' are true, could there be a rogue coding string in iOS8.4 which is causing this?

Anyone else having these issues? As I have tried two different phones, the issue doesn't appear to be hardware related. I don't have a protective cover and I'm just using my finger for input.
  2. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

Nov 3, 2004
    Replace the aftermarket charger you're using.

("rogue coding string" <snicker>)
  3. c55 macrumors regular

May 3, 2015
    Force touch is hardware not software. Try restoring it and setting it up as a new iPhone - you'll be able to put your stuff back on there later, but try without anything on it and see if you have any issues

I have 4 devices (6 plus, iPad 2, 2x 5s) running 8.4 and none of them have the issue you have
  4. rascalsco thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 17, 2015
    You've jumped to a big conclusion. I'm not using an aftermarket charger, I only use Apple products, and this happens when it's not plugged in.
  5. rascalsco thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 17, 2015
    Odd. Yes, actually my iPad Air 2 is OK. I will try that. Thanks.