Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vdawgs22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
When I hit install now and the phone restarts it boots back up to message in lock screen Software Update "iOS8 beta 2 will begin installing 0 seconds. Your phone will restart when finished"

But nothing happens??? has anyone else encountered this or know a fix?

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
When I hit install now and the phone restarts it boots back up to message in lock screen Software Update "iOS8 beta 2 will begin installing 0 seconds. Your phone will restart when finished"

I've had a similar issue. It downloaded and now under the software update in settings it says "install now". If I click that it asks for my password, says verifying update, reboots & doesn't go through the install process (it worked on my mini). When it comes back up, it wants my icloud password and then informs me there is an update available. When I click details it goes to the same page saying that it's ready to install now.

I've done in a few times and keeps doing exactly the same thing (without actually installing it).

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL

try downloading the IPSW file

ccharlton

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2009
I ran into this too. I ended up walking away from my desk for 15-20 minutes and when I came back I had 30 seconds left. Give it a little time, I'm sure their servers are being hammered right now.

RGloverii

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2014
I've had a similar issue. It downloaded and now under the software update in settings it says "install now". If I click that it asks for my password, says verifying update, reboots & doesn't go through the install process (it worked on my mini). When it comes back up, it wants my icloud password and then informs me there is an update available. When I click details it goes to the same page saying that it's ready to install now.

I've done in a few times and keeps doing exactly the same thing (without actually installing it).

Same here. Stuck in a loop. Really frustrating. There should be a way to delete the upgrade file from the iPhone if it is corrupted (I am assuming that to be the case here).

lthomas926

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
Yes you can delete the update file

Yes it can be deleted go into Settings>General>Usage> Then under Storage Hit Manage Storage and look in there you will find it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.