ios8 beta2 not installing?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by vdawgs22, Jun 17, 2014.

1. vdawgs22 macrumors member

When I hit install now and the phone restarts it boots back up to message in lock screen Software Update "iOS8 beta 2 will begin installing 0 seconds. Your phone will restart when finished"

But nothing happens??? has anyone else encountered this or know a fix?

2. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

I've had a similar issue. It downloaded and now under the software update in settings it says "install now". If I click that it asks for my password, says verifying update, reboots & doesn't go through the install process (it worked on my mini). When it comes back up, it wants my icloud password and then informs me there is an update available. When I click details it goes to the same page saying that it's ready to install now.

I've done in a few times and keeps doing exactly the same thing (without actually installing it).

3. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

try downloading the IPSW file

4. ccharlton macrumors newbie

I ran into this too. I ended up walking away from my desk for 15-20 minutes and when I came back I had 30 seconds left. Give it a little time, I'm sure their servers are being hammered right now.

5. RGloverii macrumors newbie

Same here. Stuck in a loop. Really frustrating. There should be a way to delete the upgrade file from the iPhone if it is corrupted (I am assuming that to be the case here).

6. lthomas926 macrumors member

Yes you can delete the update file

Yes it can be deleted go into Settings>General>Usage> Then under Storage Hit Manage Storage and look in there you will find it

7. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

Thanks!!