iOS8 download?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by svr, Jul 14, 2014.

1. svr macrumors newbie

Hi,

I downloaded xcode 6 beta 3 today. Should I download iOS 8 separately?

Where can it be downloaded? I only have free developer account.

Thank you.

2. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

You cant get it unless you have a paid dev account. If you install a version from an unauthorised source without registering your UDID, it will brick your phone.

Careful out there!

3. svr, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014

svr thread starter macrumors newbie

I will wait for official version.

Will iOS 8 documentation have any references to objective-c? Right now, with Xcode 6 beta 3, Documentation and API reference is discussing both objective-c and swift. This is a bit confusing because I do not have a strong objective-c background.

When iOS 8 is released, is it possible for people to learn iOS development with a clean slate (with swift and iOS8 and no references to objective-c)?

Basically, my question is this. Can a person, without any objective-c, iOS 7 background, start learning Swift and iOS 8?

Thanks again.

4. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Swift apps will run on iOS 7. All you need is the beta of Xcode 6, which is available publicly for free right now (you just sign up for a free iOS or OS X developer account with Apple).

It should be possible to learn Swift without knowing Obj-C eventually, but right now all the available material on it assumes that you already know Obj-C and a few other languages.

Everything in iOS 8 builds off of things from iOS 7, so I see little reason in not getting started right now on learning iOS 7.

5. svr thread starter macrumors newbie

This info is what I am looking for. Thank you.