iOS8: E-Mail Subfolders

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ps2nat, Feb 7, 2015.

1. ps2nat macrumors newbie

Hi MacRumors Community,

i am from Germany and searched all the web to get an answer for my problem/question.

The question is really simple:

Can i see incoming emails from subdirectories in my notification center on my iPhone6 / iOS8 ???

-

I have 2 Exchange-Mailboxes on my phone and everyone has subdirectories like "friend 1" "friend 2" "business" ...

At the moment i just see the mails from the "mainfolder" or "inbox" but no incoming mails from the subdirectories...

Thanks thanks thanks for any answer :)

2. BrettDS macrumors 65816

I've never tried before, but it looks like you can do this in the mail app. Go back to the 'mailboxes' screen, then hit edit, then add mailbox. Drill down to the folder you want and check it.

3. ps2nat thread starter macrumors newbie

BrettDS,

you are awesome :) !!!

Thanks for that. So simple - but so hidden ... :mad:

I think it works. No i have to wait for an email from a subdirectory ;)

Thanks and have a nice weekend!!!

4. KALLT macrumors 601

I don’t think that solves your problem with notifications though, that’s only for quick access to your mailboxes.

What you need to do is this: go to the Settings app > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data > select your Exchange account. There you can see your pushed mailboxes (if you have selected push of course). By default, only your inbox is selected, but you can add the ones you want there. Now you should receive notifications for those too. It only works with Exchange accounts though.

5. ps2nat thread starter macrumors newbie

right!

Hey KALLT,

thanks for your info!

The funny thing is, that i have done it like BrettDS said and now i wanted to do that, like you said and all subdirectories were checked/selected.

So my conclusion is, if you do it the first way it also select the push-options.

And the other way round too!

I checked it and both ways work! Now i receive notifications from subdirectories.

Thank you guys!!!