iOS8 on 4s?

Joe-M

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
My wife has a 4s with 8GB of memory. It is perfectly fine for her uses. I was going to upgrade to iOS 8 but have heard from a couple of people that the upgrade slows down the phone quite a bit. Any truth to this or should I go ahead and just upgrade it?

Thanks for any help.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Its perfectly fine.

If you're wife is anything like mine though she probably doesn't know what iOS8 is or care. Probably best to leave it. Although you wont get family sharing etc.

----------

Actually do it. She won't notice the difference as she not some sad nerd with a stop watch thinking "oh my, on iOS7 that loaded 50 milliseconds faster" :rolleyes:

Joe-M

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
Thanks for all the quick replies....Monkeysee, you're pretty spot on with your comment, she really doesn't care or probably won't notice any difference one way or the other.

If I do decide not to upgrade, how in the heck to I get rid of the little red #1 that stays on the Settings icon on the home screen?

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
If I do decide not to upgrade, how in the heck to I get rid of the little red #1 that stays on the Settings icon on the home screen?
You don't.

Unless you restore via iTunes or "erase all content and settings".

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
my friend has, she is a minimal user, text, calling, wifi data user and she has not complained about it actually she has talking how she likes the new OS with the suggestive text and all

Joe-M

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
Thanks again guys, looks like it's a moot point anyway....as I said, it's only an 8GB phone and looking closer at the update, there isn't enough space to upgrade....:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.