iOS8 on 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Joe-M, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Joe-M macrumors member

My wife has a 4s with 8GB of memory. It is perfectly fine for her uses. I was going to upgrade to iOS 8 but have heard from a couple of people that the upgrade slows down the phone quite a bit. Any truth to this or should I go ahead and just upgrade it?

Thanks for any help.

2. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

3. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Its perfectly fine.

If you're wife is anything like mine though she probably doesn't know what iOS8 is or care. Probably best to leave it. Although you wont get family sharing etc.

----------

Actually do it. She won't notice the difference as she not some sad nerd with a stop watch thinking "oh my, on iOS7 that loaded 50 milliseconds faster" :rolleyes:

4. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

I've upgraded my 4S and it's not too bad, but when you compare it side by side with a 4S with iOS7, it's noticeable (not in all cases).

5. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

My girlfriend upgraded her 4S to iOS8. It's definitely slower, but it's not unusable.

6. Joe-M thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all the quick replies....Monkeysee, you're pretty spot on with your comment, she really doesn't care or probably won't notice any difference one way or the other.

If I do decide not to upgrade, how in the heck to I get rid of the little red #1 that stays on the Settings icon on the home screen?

7. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

You don't.

Unless you restore via iTunes or "erase all content and settings".

8. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

my friend has, she is a minimal user, text, calling, wifi data user and she has not complained about it actually she has talking how she likes the new OS with the suggestive text and all

9. Joe-M thread starter macrumors member

Thanks again guys, looks like it's a moot point anyway....as I said, it's only an 8GB phone and looking closer at the update, there isn't enough space to upgrade....:)