iOS8 - Pics all gone after update?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Peter Franks, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

I've just updated 5S to iOS8 and my 'camera roll' is no longer, just the few folders that I'd started, and where there was over 2000 pics in 'camera roll', I just have 100 shots now in top folder now called 'recently added'? Any ideas people? Why has it deleted the main camera roll folder, No other update has done this

2. Azzin macrumors 68040

Scroll down to "Collections", which is in the Photos tab at the bottom of the Photos app.

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks, not as easy to view in collections, they're ant size aren't they till you click on them. Is there no way to get them all back as one lump to scroll through or is that the new view? And can only view at old size per month?

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Agreed that new method is s***. I have some photos from 2009 that were at the top of Camera Roll and now must be accessed by going backward thru at least 3 menus in order to isolate 200i9 and then view photos. Rubbish. :mad:

I do not use Photostream and will not.

5. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

And then you've gotta go through whole year because you can't see thumbs at old thumb size. Mad