Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Barefoot511

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2015
Derby,UK
Hello all,

currently running the latest iOS9 beta and El Capitan beta. Suddenly lots of my books have disappeared from my iPad and when I try to re-sync I see them arrive in iBooks on the iPad and immediately disappear again. Anybody else having similar issues? Anyone got a fix because it's really ticking me off now.

Cheers, Adam.

Barefoot511

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2015
Derby,UK
I don't have books disappearing, but no new books will sync...
Thanks,

Guess it's sort of the same thing. Fairly sure it's a problem that has arrived with the latest version of OSX ElCapitan beta rather than iOS9 but can't be 100% certain. For sure there where books on my iPad last week that I can't sync now.

s.golod

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2014
Thanks,

Guess it's sort of the same thing. Fairly sure it's a problem that has arrived with the latest version of OSX ElCapitan beta rather than iOS9 but can't be 100% certain. For sure there where books on my iPad last week that I can't sync now.
I have this same problem, even with El Capitan beta 5. May be it is related to iTunes 12.2

s.golod

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2014
I have this same problem, even with El Capitan beta 5. May be it is related to iTunes 12.2
It's seems in iOS 9 beta5 solved. Now I can add new books from safari (iPad, iPhone) to iBooks in same device.

p.s. Oops. I still can't add books from iTunes/iBooks library on my Mac.

Last edited:

metrocon

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
Thanks,

I haven't been able to sync books from iBooks to iOS 9 since the first public beta, just confirmed I still have the problem with the 3rd beta. I'm syncing to my Mac running Yosemite though, so it's not (just) an El Capitan problem. My problem at least (no new books can sync, though it's not deleting existing books from the device) looks to be more iOS 9 related.

chriscl

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2008
Stuttgart, Germany
I had the same issue as the OP, Books would sync, and then immediately vanish from my iPad.

I could only ever get four books to stay "sync'd" too, which was odd.

Tried a Restore, tried a full clean reinstall, still no joy, so went back to 8.4 for now (I needed to put some new books on for a trip away!)

s.golod

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2014
I had the same issue as the OP, Books would sync, and then immediately vanish from my iPad.

I could only ever get four books to stay "sync'd" too, which was odd.

Tried a Restore, tried a full clean reinstall, still no joy, so went back to 8.4 for now (I needed to put some new books on for a trip away!)
You can try next solution - upload your books to iCloud Drive from Mac, and open these from iCloud Drive app on your iPhone or iPad.

Seekeroftruth

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
My workaround was to email the books to myself, and to open the book via "copy to ibooks". Everything works appropriately after getting the books added manually like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.