Iowa users

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iFalcon, Mar 29, 2009.

1. iFalcon macrumors regular

Any Iphone users in the Des Moines, Iowa area?

I'm looking to get one and wanted to know about the AT&T service in our area.

Thanks.

2. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I'm not a Des Moines resident, so I can't tell you about overall coverage, but I was there a couple of weeks ago and had 3G service everywhere I was.

3. The Governor macrumors regular

4. iFalcon thread starter macrumors regular

I have checked coverage map and have always been a little concerned on how accurate that was.

I just cannot hold out any longer. Our company now gets at 20% discount on plans and data. Previously, it was only 7.

5. The Governor macrumors regular

Go for it then. 20% WOW. That's nice.

Are you sure about the discount on the data plan? I was under the assumption that you can't discount the data plan, only voice. I might be doing something wrong, but I only get my discount on voice and accessories.

6. iFalcon thread starter macrumors regular

I received an email with our original 7%. I followed the link to the AT&T site and acted if I was signing up. It broke down the plan and data and showed each with a 7% discount.

I took it to the manager I spoke with last night at AT&T and he said the 20% would work the same way. Still not cheaper...about $70 total which includes tax and the 450 minute rate plan.

Anyway, hopefully a few more Des Moines people will post their coverage results.

Thanks.

7. MAYBL8R macrumors member

Des Moines Area

I use my phone just fine in the Des Moines area, mostly in WDM. but also work on the NE side near Ankeny. Haven't had any troubles whatsoever.
    I've had the iPhone since introduced, way better since 3G though.
    Hope this helps...

8. iFalcon thread starter macrumors regular

9. kylemg macrumors newbie

I get pretty good EDGE speeds in the Drake area. Downtown is a bit slower though. I noticed a bit a speed boost in December when AT&T rolled out 3G.

10. Trix macrumors member

Trix

I currently live in Spirit Lake, Iowa which is in the northwest corner, but I'll be moving to Ames for college at Iowa State University next fall.

It is about 30 minutes +/- from Des Moines, anyone vouch for service there as well? Coverage map shows signal there..

11. iFalcon thread starter macrumors regular

12. iFerd macrumors 6502a

Same weekend I was in Des Moines I was in Ames. No problems with signal, but no 3G.

13. Trix macrumors member

Trix

Okay thanks. That stinks, but at least theres service. I looked up Verizon Wireless coverage map and its insanely good everywhere in Iowa. Even where I am now, which usually sucks for good cell-phone stuff. Too bad the iPhone isn't on verizon, the coverage would be no problem.

Any more ISU students on here with iPhones? Chime in if so!