IP Address/Airport Wireless Connectivity Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by vmichelle, Dec 10, 2009.

1. vmichelle macrumors newbie

Today I finally setup a password for my wireless internet in order to "kick-off" a neighbor who was using my internet and coincidentally bogging it down.
    I've been on the computer almost the entire day, until I finally took a break closed it and went to work on something else. I use one of the new 13" unibody MBP. When I came back to my computer it would not connect to the internet.
    At first it was giving me "time out" error or "incorrect password" error. Both of my other macs connected to this same internet are having no such issues one of which being an iBook G4.
    After much deliberation and spending time on the Linksys help page in my network prefs it either says under AirPort "Airport is turned on but is not connected to a network" or once I select an internet connection it says "AirPort does not have an IP address and cannot connect to the internet".
    Please help this is driving me mental and I swear the more I screw around with it the farther I am getting from fixing the problem.

2. mstrze macrumors 68000