ip address conflict with time capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jrranbrody, Jan 9, 2011.

1. jrranbrody macrumors newbie

i have two mac computers. imac and macbook pro connected to a time capsule. but i get an error saying another device on the network is using your computer's IP address. i have tried restoring the tc to its factory settings and then configuring the network again and at the end of the process it tells me the same thing.. i have an att internet provider with speedstream modem. it was working fine two days ago but now i just cant get it to work.. i would appreciated if anybody would help me.thank you

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

Are you obtaining IP addresses on your Macs automatically or are you setting them manually?

3. jrranbrody thread starter macrumors newbie

Im getting them automatically.

4. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Before you reset your TC, did you unplug/reset your ISP modem? I would do that first, as I'm assuming you have TC in bridge mode ? so your modem is causing the conflict since it handles IP addresses not the TC. If your TC is not in bridge mode, ignore what I wrote except for just resetting your ISP modem.

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Check out this >>other thread<< where we were just assisting another person with a similar issue.

6. jrranbrody thread starter macrumors newbie

yes its bridge. i have not tried that with my modem. ill try it n ill let you know that happens. thank you.

7. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Look at the thread Sand referred to above and follow the directions I left near the bottom of the thread.