IP Camera anyone?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Konrad, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Konrad macrumors 6502

Aside from the fact that when at airports every week I see a good 30% of laptops to be an APPLE, one would think that I must not be alone looking for a simple, good quality Apple-made IP camera to see what my girlfriends are doing in my apartments while I am gone deep sea fishing or otherwise.

I just ordered an AXIS 207MW for tomorrows delivery, but I am still looking for a source of good inexpensive MegaPixel (>5.0) mostly non-PZT running happily on SAFARI. Since Steve is busy getting used to his new liver and has no time for such pleasantries as IP APPLE Cameras with a nice software to spin them around the bedrooms - I am open to anything from anywhere.

I do not want to run Windows, Firefox, nor Explorer...

Anyone out there with some fruitful experience and test verified solutions?

2. armoguy94 macrumors 6502

3. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

girfriend"s"? Thats your problem right there =P
    Uhm....either get new girlfriend(s) or new roomates that are suspicious?

4. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

There are a couple flaws in this premise. I will let others address the trust/creepy issues.

As for the hardware, the servo motors required to make the camera turn around the room will be noisy. Probably enough noise to be noticeable. So that's something to consider.

5. Konrad thread starter macrumors 6502

Diversity is good for your physical health and mental stability. In addition, as I presume for the both of you to be adults, sexual variety in significantly exceeding a digit of one is not considered "a problem" in the civilised world And no, I do not spy, I like to watch them. They are all beautiful. Now, should you now have anything of value re. the topic, let me know, otherwise it is in very bad taste to peek under even your own skirts.

Re. servos. I specifically indicated an appetite for non-PZT units, thus eliminating any possible grinding and vibration.

6. highertechnology macrumors 6502

Holy $h1+, the most interesting man in the world is on mac rumors. Somebody grab him a dos equis.

7. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Sorry, but where?

8. Konrad thread starter macrumors 6502

Still nothing more than some girly one liners pizza-belly filled suburban babbling kids with a cheap tattoo trying to mimic a man. How about the cameras?

9. Konrad thread starter macrumors 6502

Should any of you "girls" wand care to know, I just set up the AXIS 207 MW camera.

It is in fact not bad, except the really non-existing MAC installation manual and angry men at the 800 line claiming that AXIS really caters to the "professional" PC market.
    Our discussion pertaining to the elusive "passphrase" in PC world of AXIS as an item composed of "many numbers and letters" turned out to be nothing more than your password to your airport extreme base station. LOL. The AXIS man was so tense, I was afraid he was going to simply explode.

Well, in any case. the 1.3 Megapixel IP viewing device is pretty good quality-wise, the lense requires manual focusing of course, but the price of around USD 400.- is somewhat steep specifically if you need multiple units.