Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelwithe21

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
CA
[/B][/B]NetShade (google it) rocks! I love everything about it!! It changes your IP (USA, China, Canada etc..) for Website Browsing.
With a found serial (mssg me for more info =), you can use the public proxies available over port 80 (dunno if it covers 443 for SSL) for as long as you want without having a full purchase.
But with a real serial, while redirecting your IP to any website you visit, you can access US private proxies with faster pings. I just stick to the Public ones, they seem to be fast enough for the times I would like to block (torrent postings and nasty sites).
A couple downfalls include slow connections, and google keeps asking you for confirmation code from a picture because it doesn't trust the IP you are using or what not.

Three Questions!!

1) Does NetShade "redirect" port 443 for SSL sites (does it change my IP when I'm not using Port 80)? (don't feel like doing my own tests) =P

2) Any one know if any safer, faster, better, cheaper way to change or block your IP address from protocols Port 80 or other on OS X?

3) Dare I say it, Is there a Windows PC version similar to NetShade that any one knows of?

BlinkenLights

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2009
1) Does NetShade "redirect" port 443 for SSL sites (does it change my IP when I'm not using Port 80)? (don't feel like doing my own tests) =P
The NetShade Proxy server (which you get when you buy the program) supports HTTP and HTTPS. I believe the public proxy servers are only HTTP.

Code:
2) Any one know if any safer, faster, better, cheaper way to change or block your IP address from protocols Port 80 or other on OS X?
Safer, faster, better: no. Cheaper: yes. Privoxy. If you like messing around with text configuration files all day you will love it, otherwise don't waste your time. :)

3) Dare I say it, Is there a Windows PC version similar to NetShade that any one knows of?
There's was one many years ago called Steganos- not sure if it is still around. NetShade is the best one I'm aware of, but it's Mac-only.

Siza

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2010
hi, ive been googling for a serial... but cant find a working one, if you still have yours could you email it to me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.