Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
so i was on 4.3.1 jailbroke with the famous signal 1bar problem. it seems i still have the problem with 5.0.1, is this right or shouldn't this have been fixed? i hate only having 1bar and not knowing exactly how good my signal is. what can be done?

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
awwww!!! why hasn't that been fixed yet? i hate it, but i guess i will live

mrJnC

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2007
Its still the same.
Only fix is to install ultrasnow but you might have issues with not be able to use MMS and your visual voicemail not working.

This often happens after a reboot. The "fix" is to automatically reinstall ultrasn0w after a reboot. This can be done with a little scripting, an example of which can be found here:
http://jailbreakqa.com/questions/32589/no-mms-or-vvm-after-ultrasn0w-update

Keep in mind, should you need to update ultrasn0w to a later version, you will also need to place the new .deb file in the Autoinstall folder.

HUGE AL

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2010
Its still the same.
Only fix is to install ultrasnow but you might have issues with not be able to use MMS and your visual voicemail not working.

Wasn't there something about ejecting the SIM card that fixed the MMS and VV issues (albeit it had to be done often)? Does this work in 5.0.1?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Indeed, ejecting sim and reinserting solves those problems, 5.01 with 1.59.00

No problems whatsover.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.