ip4 5.0.1 bitesms

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
so since 5.0 has notifications now, bitesms doesn't seem to work the greatest with it. am i missing something or can i not tap the text icon in the status bar anymore to bring up the missed texts? also, how can i get rid of unread texts on the lock screen without having to unlock the screen then go into notifications or bite to clear out the unread texts? its very annoying if you ask me.
i love 5.0 with all the advances but i love being about to tap the little icon in the status bar to bring the text up, hopefully theres just something im missing.
thanks!

jesuispizza

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
I just looked into this myself, got this direct from the biteSMS website:

iOS 5: I tap the status bar icon and nothing happens?

In the unlock mode (Home screen or inside an App) drag down the Notification Center as this is normal behavior.
In the lock mode, if you tap the status bar icon, then any messages you had remaining in the Notification Center when you locked the phone will be added to the 'Missed Messages' list (if any) showing on the lock screen.

So to answer your question, no you can't do it. There is some talk in the biteSMS forums about it, and one of the dev's said it's a complicated feature that they did not bring back for iOS 5 but might in the future.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Tapping the status icon on the lockscreen will bring up the stock notification, which you then have to swipe in order to bring up QR. I agree that it's a step back but apparently ios 5 makes it difficult to make it like it was. Go to bitesms's forum for more info and additional assistance.

Dextor143

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2008
USA
In the notification ... Slide right on the message and you can either close or reply... Or tap and clear all.

Working just fine

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
But now you cant QC. I hate leaving an app to reply to a text. Especially a game app. Seems to take forever to re initialize.
QC works just fine for me and so does QR. You must have something else going on.

Doom878

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
I use Messages instead of iBite if I want to go into the messages but I keep iBite installed for quick texts.

Jnardis

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2010
I have about a 4 to 8 second lag every time I try to open BiteSMS. I don't even use it anymore.

neotope

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Anyone noticing a 2 second lag once you open Bitesms before you can type anything?
I don't experience any lack with opening BiteSMS or with using Quick Reply on my iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0. I only have BiteSMS, ISX and Haptic Pro installed. I always noticed in the past the more stuff I had installed the worse performance I got, when I switched to 5.0 I decided to stop themeing and using Winterboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.