ip4 5.0.1 bitesms

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bw1128, Jan 1, 2012.

1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

so since 5.0 has notifications now, bitesms doesn't seem to work the greatest with it. am i missing something or can i not tap the text icon in the status bar anymore to bring up the missed texts? also, how can i get rid of unread texts on the lock screen without having to unlock the screen then go into notifications or bite to clear out the unread texts? its very annoying if you ask me.
    i love 5.0 with all the advances but i love being about to tap the little icon in the status bar to bring the text up, hopefully theres just something im missing.
    thanks!

2. jesuispizza macrumors regular

I just looked into this myself, got this direct from the biteSMS website:

iOS 5: I tap the status bar icon and nothing happens?

In the unlock mode (Home screen or inside an App) drag down the Notification Center as this is normal behavior.
    In the lock mode, if you tap the status bar icon, then any messages you had remaining in the Notification Center when you locked the phone will be added to the 'Missed Messages' list (if any) showing on the lock screen.

So to answer your question, no you can't do it. There is some talk in the biteSMS forums about it, and one of the dev's said it's a complicated feature that they did not bring back for iOS 5 but might in the future.

3. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. jesuispizza macrumors regular

Agreed, I used that feature along with the volume quick compose a ton. Hopefully enough people complain to get them to re-introduce it.

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Tapping the status icon on the lockscreen will bring up the stock notification, which you then have to swipe in order to bring up QR. I agree that it's a step back but apparently ios 5 makes it difficult to make it like it was. Go to bitesms's forum for more info and additional assistance.

6. Dextor143 macrumors 6502

In the notification ... Slide right on the message and you can either close or reply... Or tap and clear all.

Working just fine

7. Selena Gomez macrumors member

Because of the omission of that one feature, I uninstalled BiteSMS

8. jesuispizza macrumors regular

What are you using now

9. Selena Gomez macrumors member

Nothing, going back to the Messages app. It's quite good.

10. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

So the messages App has that feature ?

11. Selena Gomez macrumors member

12. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

But now you cant QC. I hate leaving an app to reply to a text. Especially a game app. Seems to take forever to re initialize.

13. psywzrd macrumors 68030

QC works just fine for me and so does QR. You must have something else going on.

14. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I think psywzrd was referring to "Selena" removing BiteSMS and returning to the stock messaging app.

15. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Anyone noticing a 2 second lag once you open Bitesms before you can type anything?

16. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Yes i am, not sure why, i read another post string that makes me think it might have something to do with integration with iMessage.

17. TC25 macrumors 68020

No.

18. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Any idea if the devs are working on a fix?

Really? No lag at all?

19. TC25 macrumors 68020

I see the same 'lag' for biteSMS as I do for the Apple Messages app.

20. bushbabywas macrumors member

I get the same lag with BiteSMS as with the stock SMS app. But then I do have a 3GS.

21. Doom878 macrumors member

I use Messages instead of iBite if I want to go into the messages but I keep iBite installed for quick texts.

22. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

I have about a 4 to 8 second lag every time I try to open BiteSMS. I don't even use it anymore.

23. neotope macrumors regular

I don't experience any lack with opening BiteSMS or with using Quick Reply on my iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0. I only have BiteSMS, ISX and Haptic Pro installed. I always noticed in the past the more stuff I had installed the worse performance I got, when I switched to 5.0 I decided to stop themeing and using Winterboard.