iP4 5.0 jailbreak respring problems

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nevrsadie, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Nevrsadie macrumors regular

Nevrsadie

I have my iP4 jailbroke on iOS 5.0 using redsnow, also using semitether. I have a weird problem respringing. It doesnt happen all the time, but I would say 50-75% of the time. When I respring for a cydia update, or some phone funkyness i get the spinning wheel and it stays there. The weird thing is its not totally locked up, I can still double click and get the multitask bar, I can still hit the power button and lock the phone, and hear the lock sound. The only way to get out of it is to hold power and home, and then redsnow. Is anyone else having this problem, or ever seen it. I hate to restore, becuase this is the only issue im having.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. newskin macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I wouldnt go ahead and restore just yet. This same situation happens to me also. I actually think it's due to bugs within some tweaks, so if i were to restore, the problems would continue as soon as i install any number of tweaks. I'm not stating that it actually IS the tweaks, but i would hold off on the tedious action of restoring until the un tethered jailbreak comes out first. Just my thoughts but if anyone else has any responses hopefully they are better than mine.

3. Nevrsadie thread starter macrumors regular

Nevrsadie

oh Im not restoring, I just wont do any cydia updates when im abroad. Like I said its the only problem I have, everything else is like butta. I am running beta bitesms and lockinfo, but I cant narrow it down. Hopefully it will all get straightened out when untethered is released and i do a full restore as new.