iP4 5.1 w/ 1.59.00 BB one signal bar

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZCherub, Apr 17, 2012.

1. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Hey all - thanks to helpful members like Applejuiced, I easily updated my iP4 to 5.1 while keeping the 1.59.00 BB (haven't JB yet - used custom NO_BB IPSW via Redsn0w, though). Everything is up & running, except I only have one bar of signal everywhere I go. Fortunately, it appears to be only cosmetic.

I searched some old threads from Dec. and it appears that there were fixes - anyone have this issue on the current FW, & if so, what fixes are there available?

Thanks, all!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, that's a well known bug.
    You can install ultrasnow to fix that but you might have issues with mms and visual voicemail.
    Or leave it as is with 1 bar and with no other sides.
    Up to you.

3. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

When you say "might" when referring to ultrasn0w, how common are we talking? Anyone running this setup w/ or w/out issues? Sorry to ask stupid questions, but search didn't yield any recent results pertaining to 5.1...

Thanks again!

4. dhlizard, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Actually, the conflict between Ultrasn0w and VVM/MMS was "fixed" in version 1.24 I believe. And version 1.25 does not have the conflict.

So you can use it to "cure" the 1 signal bar bug with no side effects.
    But not on 5.1 firmware, as it has not been updated to run under 5.1 firmware.

5. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Good info - thank you! I'm on 5.1, so it looks like I'll be sticking with my 1 bar for a bit...

I have SHSH blobs saved from 4.xx, so I suppose I could downgrade to fix it, but I'm not too concerned about the signal bar issue since it doesn't effect functionality.

Thanks for the info, though. I'm sure someone w/ a similar problem on 5.0.1 will be able to run that fix.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I have a couple of iPhone 4 devices with preserved basebands at 1.59.xx (now IMEI unlocked-thanks AT&T).
    After a while, you just ignore the bug because the phone gets a full signal and works as it should.

7. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Good deal. I'm already ignoring it basically (had 1 bar at my house most of the time anyway, lol...). I guess I'll fix it w/ the next firmware update/JB.

Thanks, all.