iP4 - 720p HD Video - What Do You Do With It? Can It Stream?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boltjames, Jul 6, 2010.

1. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

Love my iP4 and I'm using it to shoot family home movies as one would expect, and using iMovie to create 5 minute projects that are really enjoyable.

I'd like to post these 720p HD movies online so family members can stream without them being downconverted and having their resolutions compromised.

I've tried YouTube and it took 25 minutes to upload and the end result was a blurry mess of downconversion. Is there a way to stream the pure HD I'm shooting? MobileMe? YouTube? Some other solution for hosted HD streaming of short iPhone 4 clips without a loss of resolution?

TIA

BJ

2. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

3. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Keep in mind the HD version of your video takes a little longer to show up right after you upload. Its not as good as the uncompressed but it's not a blurry mess either.

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Did you upload via the iPhone or a computer?

5. boltjames thread starter macrumors 68040

boltjames

I moved the raw iMovie 720p HD file off the iPhone and onto my computer. I then uploaded to YouTube.

It's been 12 hours since the upload to YouTube and the video still looks very compressed and pixelated.

I'm a bit frustrated with the iP4 as a replacement for my HD camcorder. So far, it takes great video and iMovie is fantastic but you simply can't do much with it once its done. Besides watching it on my monitor or my iPad, the HD is being wasted IMHO. I can't get it on my 52" LCD HDTV and I can't get it to stream to others on their monitors. Please tell me I'm missing something. Othewise, we've only got half a solution for family videos, and all in low-res.

BJ

6. frosse macrumors 6502a

It's a bummer you can't upload a 720p vid to youtube on 3G, but maybe that's not even possible. How large is a 5 min 720p vid on the iphone?

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I think you're missing the next-generation Apple TV. I sure hope they hurry up with it.

8. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    make sure you select the 720p(HD) option on the youtube video while you are watching it. If you loaded it directly off your computer and select this option it yeids pretty decent video.

9. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

You can, just use Pixelpipe.

10. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

what he said, works great

11. xmtgx macrumors regular

Limited to 200mb clips though, which are around 3 minutes, maybe a little less.

12. defboob macrumors member

I take the full size 720p video and grab a copy of it using lightroom on my Mac, then I can import then into iMovie or anything else to make a finished movie. I will then upload to vimeo, I prefer the clean look of their site and the quality of the video upload compared to what YouTube produces.

13. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Care to share you video with us so we can see what you're seeing?