Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bear Hunter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
This just started a day or two ago... Open up app store and see if you can connect when you check for updates. Everything in the app store works except checking for updates. I've done everything short of restoring the phone. Anyone else?

Bear Hunter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Hmmm

Yep, also reset all settings.

I wonder if AT&T reinitializing the device (trouble call) would have anything to do with it?

Bear Hunter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Yeah me neither

Weird, I can purchase apps fine, just can't connect for updates. It also seems there are a few in apple support discussions with same problem and within same timeframe which is why I wanted to check here. Didn't want to restore and setup as new if I didn't have to (hoping it was an error on Apples end).

Bear Hunter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
No I don't.

This just happened out of the blue, all of a sudden update badges were gone and cannot connect to that part of app store.

Bear Hunter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Solved the problem after much searching: "Shipfinder" was the issue. Apparently the latest update broke something. Deleted off iPhone reboot and update badges returned.

evian

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2008
Solved the problem after much searching: "Shipfinder" was the issue. Apparently the latest update broke something. Deleted off iPhone reboot and update badges returned.

Many many many thanks!!!!

been having this problem for a few days, worked on my iphone and ipad!

Jkazmeyer

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Madison TN
I'm having the same problem right now, but I don't think I have anything called shipfinder installed. Is it a stand alone package from cydia, or part of another package? How did you figure that was the problem? Anyone else seeing this?

genshi

macrumors 6502a
Maybe these two threads need to be merged (since they are identical) but I posted a link on that thread to the Apple discussion on the issue and the developer of Ship Finder app (not a cydia app, but a regular app on the iTunes App Store) acknowledges the issue and is desperately trying to get Apple to work with him on it.

I was having the same issue as well until I deleted the Ship Finder app, now all is working as it should.

genshi

macrumors 6502a
I was having the same issue as well until I deleted the Ship Finder app, now all is working as it should.

I'm having the same problem right now, but I don't think I have anything called shipfinder installed...

If you have this specific issue but don't have the Ship Finder app in your iTunes, check to see if you have an app called "The Sylvan Archives" as it too has the same bug as Ship Finder apparently. Remove and trash this app and you should be able to get updates again.

Jkazmeyer

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Madison TN
Thank you genshi. I did read through the apple forum, thanks for the link. I have neither app installed on any of my idevices, and they all have the same issue. I'm hoping apple can fix it, I've got lots of apps, don't really wanna go through them all. I did start to notice it after I updated iTunes, so maybe that's part of it.

mchappy

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2011
I have the same issue too. It happened after I updated to ios 5, and I dont have all those apps you mentioned that can screw up my appstore. Im able to dload apps but the update is not showing any apps. and I need that for purchases in order to use icloud. thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.