IP4 battery usage - is this normal??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vhl71, Sep 14, 2010.

1. vhl71 macrumors regular

Time since last full charge

Usage - 41mins
    Standby - 3h 25m

Its at 91% - I think its draining too much. This is my 3rd iphone4 - got it replaced by genius bar due to antenna / proximity issues. I thought the other ones were slightly better

2. ilugram macrumors member

Thats actually very good. The phone generally doesn't last for more than 6-7 hours of usage. Based on the fact that you only used 9% for 40 minutes of usage, it should last a total of over 7 hours of usage --> Very good!

3. darkside flow macrumors 6502

If you have had this phone for less than 2 to 3 weeks, give it time to optimize. My phone's battery life improved significantly at almost 2 weeks exactly.

But 41 mins within 9% of the battery is about 4.5 mins per 1%, which would give you 7.5 hours usage by the time the battery drains. Obviously this depends on the type of usage, but it sounds like it's operating just fine.

*edit* poster above beat me to it

4. vhl71 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys for your reply..I'll keep an eye on it and post it if anything changes over the next 2 weeks. This phone is only about 3 days old

5. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Sounds right on track. I typically get 7.5 hours of usage on mine.
    Make sure you run it down to zero and charge it to 100% a couple of times while it's new. I don't know if it helps break in the battery, but it won't hurt it, and it appears to be a popular recommendation.

6. mpossoff macrumors 68020

How about this?

I'm not satisfied with this. Is this normal? All 3G. I'm surfing on the net mostly and some calls.

Marc

Attached Files:

7. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Could very well be normal if you're sending/receiving a lot of data during those 4 hours or playing intensive games. If you're playing solitaire or doing other offline stuff, then it's not too good.

8. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Mostly looking at and reading forums, googling. No games today. Some posting to forums.

Marc