Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
Time since last full charge

Usage - 41mins
Standby - 3h 25m

Its at 91% - I think its draining too much. This is my 3rd iphone4 - got it replaced by genius bar due to antenna / proximity issues. I thought the other ones were slightly better

ilugram

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
Time since last full charge

Usage - 41mins
Standby - 3h 25m

Its at 91% - I think its draining too much. This is my 3rd iphone4 - got it replaced by genius bar due to antenna / proximity issues. I thought the other ones were slightly better

Thats actually very good. The phone generally doesn't last for more than 6-7 hours of usage. Based on the fact that you only used 9% for 40 minutes of usage, it should last a total of over 7 hours of usage --> Very good!

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
If you have had this phone for less than 2 to 3 weeks, give it time to optimize. My phone's battery life improved significantly at almost 2 weeks exactly.

But 41 mins within 9% of the battery is about 4.5 mins per 1%, which would give you 7.5 hours usage by the time the battery drains. Obviously this depends on the type of usage, but it sounds like it's operating just fine.

*edit* poster above beat me to it

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
Thanks guys for your reply..I'll keep an eye on it and post it if anything changes over the next 2 weeks. This phone is only about 3 days old

vizkiz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Long Island, NY
Thanks guys for your reply..I'll keep an eye on it and post it if anything changes over the next 2 weeks. This phone is only about 3 days old

Sounds right on track. I typically get 7.5 hours of usage on mine.
Make sure you run it down to zero and charge it to 100% a couple of times while it's new. I don't know if it helps break in the battery, but it won't hurt it, and it appears to be a popular recommendation.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
How about this?

I'm not satisfied with this. Is this normal? All 3G. I'm surfing on the net mostly and some calls.

Marc

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    110.4 KB · Views: 53

vizkiz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Long Island, NY
I'm not satisfied with this. Is this normal? All 3G.

Marc

Could very well be normal if you're sending/receiving a lot of data during those 4 hours or playing intensive games. If you're playing solitaire or doing other offline stuff, then it's not too good.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
Could very well be normal if you're sending/receiving a lot of data during those 4 hours or playing intensive games. If you're playing solitaire or doing other offline stuff, then it's not too good.

Mostly looking at and reading forums, googling. No games today. Some posting to forums.

Marc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.