ip4 droppers, just pay more attention next time!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by glocke12, Jun 27, 2010.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Its beyond me why people who pay $200.00+USD for an electronic device simply are not more careful.

Id even go so far as to say that people who break their phone by dropping it, letting it fall, or getting it wet probably dont deserve a second one.

It should be common sense that if you have your phone on vibrate, place it within a few inches of the edge of a table or whatever and someone calls than the phone will more than likely end up on the floor if it is not picked up.

Likewise if your using it near water. Just wait until you are away from water before using it.

Some thing goes for the guy whose wife supposedly dropped her phone down a storm drain...When exiting your car you should not be talking on a several hundred dollar device. Why ? Its called multitasking and not everyone does that very well. Your trying to exit and secure your vehicle at the same time your trying to carry on a phone conversation. Next time just put the phone down, or call the person back for 15 seconds or whatever it is it takes to get to the point where you can safely carry on a phone conversation.

I understand that accidents happen, but with a little more thought on behalf of the people who are dropping their phones they would happen much less.

Ive been an iphone user since the original one was released. I owned the 2g version and the 3gs and not once was it ever dropped or did it fall, and I am probably the lease coordinated person I know.

2. simple20 macrumors regular

Are you serious dude??? Get off your horse. I love that you are self pretentious enough to think that this post is going to make anybody realize anything. When I see a post about somebody breaking their phone, I think that REALLY sucks; not that they're some douchebag who doesn't deserve a phone.

3. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Do you have an iPhone 4?
    From the looks of it, it's a lot more prone to cracking (considering both sides are glass, not just one.)
    So now people have a 100% chance of dropping on glass while before it was only 50%.

Accidents happen. Yes.
    I don't think anyone here dropped there phone on purpose.

And who are you to decide who "deserves" an iPhone or not?

That's all.

*goes back to cave*

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Thanks for the lecture grandpa. :rolleyes:

Seriously, a lot of people are acting out of habit. Habits are hard to break you know. The iP4 is a lot more slippery than the previous iPhones and it's so new its not really sunk into people's subconscious yet.

As for the water issue, you do realize that the sensors are ultra sensitive. There is a good change that if you take your phone to the pool or beach and keep it in your bag then sensors may still go off just because of the mist. Mist!

5. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

What a ridiculous post. As if people do it on purpose. Its called an accident, I'm sure you have had one.

I for one use mine. Its just a phone. If it breaks, I will buy another one. I may buy a screen protector, but thats it.

6. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Im actually hardly ever home to be honest, and yes I have ip4 that goes with me everywhere.
    I am very, very careful to never put my phone in a position where it would get broken, or where I would lose control of it. The main reason being that I cant afford to replace it right away. If my phone were to break Id be SOL because I wouldnt be able to get another one for quite some time.

I feel bad for the people who have broke their phones also, but at the same time, in almost each and every case Ive read it was an accident that would have been avoidable with a little more forethought.

7. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

i have never dropped any iphone i had, and ive had the 3g, 3gs and now 4. i also have never dropped my ipod touch 2g.

its really not a complicated task to hold a cell phone...

8. RC83 macrumors 6502

9. ChocolateApple macrumors 6502

ChocolateApple

Supermodel Adriana Lima had an iPhone with a smashed front. I was on the airplane with her and saw it. In more recent pics, she has a fixed/new one, but if you've smashed your's, you are in good company :D

I also have owned every iPhone version, and the 2 times it fell were

1. From a Vaja case due to the a manufacturer's faulty design. No damage.

2. I mounted it to a iDevice holder via a suction cup. The suction wore off, causing the phone to slam to the ground. This resulted in a small crack in the back casing, which may lower its resale value.

I know some who just don't have a clue about how valuable an item it is because they got it at an upgrade or new customer's price. They don't realize the replacement cost. Also some aren't hip to the fact that it's a little computer that really should be handled with more care than their prior cheap flip phones.

10. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

11. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Okay, I respect that.
    I'm in the same boat where if this phone broke, there would be no iPhone for me because of the cost.
    Maybe I just read your original post in a negative sense.
    I DO think people need to be more careful, but I do not think some people "deserve" it more than others.
    :)

12. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Just add a yet in there and you'll be ok.

13. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

Wow, did this dude just jinx himself or what?

We'll see on the news "self described accident-proof iPhone user falls off 50' bridge. Witnesses say new phone never left his hands on the way down."

I kid, of course :p

Can't help but feel that some of the thread starters on here would benefit from getting away from their toys and going out into the real world now and again. It is scary there, though as accidents are a part of "real" life :D