ip4 home button not clicking properly

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Abarth1200, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

Hello, I have had the ip4 since they came out, its been the best mobile I have had over the years however this problem has crept up.

I noticed a while ago that my presses werent getting recognised on the first press either that or I wasnt pressing hard enough, feasable i know.

however the button has started to feel loose and it has started to make a crunchy sort of click when its pressed which I can replicate louder when pressed to a side of it (I know circles dont have sides), it feels like its going to break off one day.

Anyone have an issue like this

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. Abarth1200 thread starter macrumors regular

I got it with my o2 contract, plus I dont have an Apple store near, do you think my network provider would oblige

4. HORTENSE macrumors newbie

I have a similar issue with the home button not being as sensitive as it used to be. Of course, I've dropped it about 4 or 5 times already :eek:

5. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

Mine makes the same slightly "crunchy" noise when I use the home button, and I haven't dropped it. It also frequently brings up the list of open apps at the bottom of the screen when I press the button once, as though I have pressed it twice instead.

6. crovian macrumors regular

aside from it making a crunching noise, i've read somewhere that it is normal.

apparently, it's designed that way because we need to press the home button a LOT more now with multitasking so that was the design change to withstand more presses.

again, i've read this online and might as well be pure fallacy.