Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
I just updated my iP4 to 4.1 gm. Im not able to connect to my home network but I can connect to my cousins nertwork next door. Its strange because my iPod touch connects to both with no problems. Anyone have any recommendations on how to fix it?

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
Also, most of us power cycle the phone when an update is installed. Just to make sure things are turned off and back on appropriately.

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Weird. I power cycled the phone, retored the phone again, reset my router. I even changed my password!...Nothing!

larmonkm

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2010
my husband and i both had issues with our ip4 working with wifi in our home. it would not connect to our airport extreme. it would connect, however, to every other place we tried.

it turned out that we needed to adjust some settings with the airport...set to wap instead of wap/wap2.

perhaps it is something as simple as that? i say simple, but i know how frustrating it can be. we had our phones for 2 days and did complete resets, etc, and finally i figured it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.