Ip4 issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kawasakirider, Oct 16, 2010.

1. kawasakirider macrumors regular

Hey everyone, I've asked these questions in another tread but the title isn't really getting anyone looking.

Anyway, I got my first iPhone (an iPhone 4) just over a week ago. I love it! My gf has an iPhone 3G and we see both experiencing the same problem...

Our Bluetooth doesn't work. I've searched and all I can find are threads with issues regarding computer connectivity and car connectivity.

Our problem is that our bluetooths can't find anyone and we can't be found. My friend has an iPhone 3GS, another has a blackberry. We were all testing bluetooth and the 3GS and blackberry connected fine, but my phone couldn't be found by anyone and I couldn't find anything else.

My gf and I have "bump" to share files between ourselves which works quite well, but it doesn't help with other phones. Is there a way to correct this?

The other questions I have are in regards to screen brightness and resale value... If I have the screen brightness at 100% do I risk damaging the pixels, or anything else? I realize the battery will drain quicker, however te amount I use the phone, the battery doesn't worry me, it's more than satisfactory.

Now onto the resale value, I love this iPhone but I don't want to get behind. When the ip5 comes out, judging by previous models do you think the ip4 will be able to be sold for 3/4 of the rrp of the 5? The reason I ask is that I'm a student and am on a plan, I'll have to sell and buy new to get the new phone.

I know the resale depends on condition, but from day one I've had an opt cover and I clean the phone with an apple microfibre thing every day, so I expect it to be like new.

One more thing, my gf bought her 3G used, but it came with the aforementioned microfibre cloth by apple. Was this standard with the 3G and if it was, why didn't I receive one with my 4?

Thanks in advance

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I'm not any help with the bluetooth question, but I can help with the other.

The original iPhone and the iPhone 3G did indeed come with a microfibre cloth. These weren't included with the iPhone 3GS or the iPhone 4 as both of these have the oleophobic (fingerprint resistant) coating on the screen, which both of the first models lacked. Hence Apple seems to have thought there is no use for them to include the cloth with the models that have this extra coating.

3. kawasakirider thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the speedy reply. I don't get fingerprints per se, but it definitely gets dirty and needs to be cleaned. I wish they included one.

4. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

What are you trying to do with the bluetooth connection? IPhone does not support obex transfers so you won't be able to send files.

5. kawasakirider thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry for being daft, I am pretty behind the technological 8ball for an 18 year old, but I don't know what obex is. I was trying to send/receive files. So you say they can't send them, which I just found out by trying to send a vid to my gf's MacBook, but why can't mine be found or receive anything? My friends 3GS received a file from a blackberry.