iP4 JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZCherub, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Been some time since I was jailbroken. I used Greenp0ison, & had a 1.59 BB. I am currently on 4.1 (still have the 1.59 BB).

I'd like to upgrade to the 5.1 firmware & JB, but there seem to be several options,

-PwnageTool/custom IPSW
    -Redsnow (w/out custom IPSW, i.e. no 1.59 BB)
    -Redsnow (w/ custom IPSW).

Am I correct in assuming these are the current options? Of so, which do you recommend & why? Just doing my homework since I've been away from the JB scene for a while. Thanks, all!

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I have the iPhone 4 on 5.0.1, bb 04.11.08, and decided to use redsn0w 0.9.10b5 as it is un tethered, and after doing some homework concluded that it seemed the most stable for me.

I have no urge to unlock so the above programme suited my needs !

Hope your goes as smoothly as mine did.

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

As you don't need to unlock you can upgrade to stock 5.01 and than jailbreak with redsn0w which is very stable.

Although personally i would preserve the BB for resale value and use a custom IPSW made with redsn0w.

4. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

TriJet:

I agree w/ you - I don't need the unlock, but I'd like to keep that ability for resale just in case... With that in mind, is Redsn0w not the best option?

Thanks to you & bandofbrothers for the help/input. Any other insight is greatly appreciated!