IP4 Keeps crashing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CC424, Aug 19, 2010.

1. CC424 macrumors regular

I have no idea whats up! Took the phone to apple yesterday to try to get a warranty swap due to the indicator triggered. I was unsucessful he opened it up and no water damage. So I'm still good under warranty, but I restore everything jailbroke and restore with apt restore. I threw all my aps in folders and it keeps crashing!

Could it be vwallpaper?

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

I have most of my apps in folders & running vWallpaper just fine. Try uninstalling Cydia or Rock apps one by one and see if anyone of them is causing the problem.

3. popnick83 macrumors newbie

vwallpaper has caused my phone to crash!

I downloaded vwallpaper. It worked well for a second, then I selected a video that had not completed downloading. It made the springboard background go black and the screen became completely unresponsive -- to swipes or button pushes. It also doesn't receive calls. I went and SSHed the phone and deleted the entire Skrew folder but my phone is still unresponsive at the main springboard screen. In the slide to unlock screen it's fine -- I can see my intelliscreen and it can even sync to itunes like normal -- but as soon as I slide to unlock, it freezes on springboard essentially.

My theory is that it is trying to reference a video wallpaper for my springboard background, but it's not there and so it crashes. Is there maybe a way I can change my background from outside the iphone? Or does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?!