IP4 no crossfade ....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sean006, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Sean006 macrumors 6502

just won an ipod nano 6g and noticed in the settings you have an option to crossfade the music...

used it at the gym last night actually love this feature wonder why its not included on the ip4...

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. Sean006 thread starter macrumors 6502

wow did not see this thread....

geez some people...

it is a nice feature though..

oh well..

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

As others have said in the linked thread, go and leave feedback at the Apple website.

5. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

HA! I saw the title of this thread, and thought it was that guy making a reappearance.

Good times...

6. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

man that guy needed a good punch to the face

my theory is that crossfade requires cpu cycles = uses precious iphone battery life

i heard running an EQ will also drain your battery more than not running EQ on the iphone

7. The General macrumors 601

Pretty much sums it up.

8. dmorris01 macrumors member

It's funny how people get on a soapbox about things they can just switch... off.

So simple. Then, they don't have to suffer the AWFUL consequences of a cross faded song. :eek: But those who LIKE cross fade can utilize it.

Choices are good.

9. synagence macrumors 6502a

Look how many people want custom SMS tones for iPhone and yet 4 gen's in and 4 full iOS's in we STILL don't have it ..... 'demanding' a feature like crossfade is gonna go nowhere

10. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I did the same thing! I was about to join the community /facepalm

11. The General macrumors 601

I don't think there shouldn't be an option. I think people should not want crossfading.

12. Les Mots Rouge macrumors newbie

It seems like a worthwhile feature

I've got newborn twins and have programmed a soundscape playlist that consists of repeatedly playing a waterfall track that lasts about an hour. This is the only thing that will keep them asleep. The problem is that when the track ends and begins again the silence followed by the sound of the waterfall startles them awake. It's pretty frustrating when all that I'd need to do would be to crossfade the songs so the gap wouldn't exist.

13. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Haha I thought this too.

14. sinsin07, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2010

sinsin07 macrumors 68040

Originally Posted by ovrlrd [​IMG]
    You realize that songs have gaps/pauses for a reason. They are put in there by the artist. You ever notice how some songs don't have a gap/pause between them? It's called a "gapless" track and it is fully supported by iTunes and the iPod/iPhone. Again, that is intended by the artist, it's their way to "crossfade" to the listener.

The second you are doing the crossfade yourself, you are essentially saying, "I am an artist, I want to create something other than what they intended." There is nothing wrong with this, DJs do this all the time, they are using their own artistic skill to mix songs together, which is a great contribution to the music. Assuming they are good at what they do that is.

It is absolutely horrible to just have some blind crossfade done by your computer. It basically means you have no respect for the music. You are doing a crappy mix without any care.

No, that does not sum it up. That poster is just a man with an opinion. In typical forum mentality, when something does not exist on the OS of your choice, and somebody feels they would like it, here you have all the know-it-all shooting it down. Just like the MMS, Cute and Paste, Multitasking etc. arguements. The minute Apple adds a supposedly unnecessary feature, these self same know-it-alls start going all gaga over it. No respect for the music...please. What does he do, bow down to is iPod/iPhone every time he plays a song. Who the hell is to decide what respect for the music is.

Choices are good.
    I hope this was an attempt at sarcasm. Otherwise, sorry I refuse to stand in your army, General.

15. shandyman Suspended

Apple had it in their devices and removed it, they did so for a reason. all the other items were never there before. Urgo, they're very unlikely to re-add it back in.