IP4 now or wait for the 4GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chuchichan, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Chuchichan macrumors 6502

So, with the ambiguous press conference out of the way, I am still weary of purchasing an iPhone. I had been waiting for the white and like many people waiting for some better answers/explanations from Apple.

Should I just go ahead and get one or wait for the 4GS that probably won't have the antenna issue? Do you think the 4GS is about one year off or six months?

Thanks...

2. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Apple has always updated the iPhone annually and shows no intentions of doing otherwise. It's certain that the antenna will be redesigned for the next iPhone model, but it could be that Apple issues a hardware fix (some sort of coating), and slipstreams it into the production process for the iPhone 4.

I don't have an iPhone 4, but everything that i've read says that you need to intentionally, consciously invoke this bug in a low coverage area to get the signal to drop. I'd be surprised to hear of someone just accidentally death-gripping their iP4 and dropping a call - so I'm planning to get one.

3. Skydivincoastie macrumors member

comon man...your asking about the 4GS already? The 4 just came out 23 days ago...either get the damn thing or not! If you don't want it, don't buy it! You know what issues the phone has (mine only has the proximity sensor issue) Why do you need other people to make a descision for you? I am sure you are grown up...:D

4. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

No disrespect intended but had you used the search function you would have found numerous threads on this subject. People will think you are a troll for posting the same old tired thread subject.

However since I see that this is your very First post you deserve an answer.

Yes buy the iPhone, put it in a case for protection against drops & scratches. You will have no antenna problems. It is an awesome phone.

Should you not like it, and some people, who are very hard to please don't, then return it. You have 30 days to play with it and make up your mind. What could be more fair than that?

5. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

With a case on mine in a good signal area even with the death grip I can only drop one bar, however if you are in a poor signal are you can get it to drop more but not by holding it gently, you have to kinda squeeze the daylights out of the phone to get it to drop to Searching for Service. I have had a case on mine since day one, and no issues however the first one I had was just a bad batch it had all the issues, however this second one has not one issue.

No one really know what Apple will do, this is all new for them, but I think they will not sell the new phone until June after the WWDC, however that being said, who knows what they will be doing between now and then, so you can wait and nothing will happen, or you can get one now and enjoy all the cool features most of us are enjoying.

6. tomjdavies macrumors member

4GS. I've skipped 4 and instead bought a 3GS off a friend for £200. Glad I did too.

7. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

This is an excellent question. If you can, I would encourage you to wait until the end of September. Since that's the date that Apple's CEO gave, I believe we will know then what Apple has planned.