iP4 - Off Of eBay - How can this work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThunderApple, Jun 27, 2010.

1. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

Since finding a no commiment iP4 is near impossible right now im thinking of snagging one off of eBay. Now lets say i buy one that has no contract to it.

Once i recieve the phone (thats been activated but sim removed)

How do i get the sim in my 3GS into a MicroSim that i can pop into the iP4 and use it like a no commiment iPhone? Anyone know if theres a way to do this? Im sure there is as a bunch of people are buying these phones off of eBay. Many Thanks!

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

They sl a hole puncher to make a normal sim a micro sim. Or you can just cut it yourself.

3. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

You will have to go to an AT&T store and get a new sim card in the micro sim size. They will have to activate that and put the iPhone 4 imei on the account.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

There are various machines that will cut down your miniSIM into a microSIM, and also include spacers to allow you to use a microSIM as an miniSIM. Take a look on eBay. You could also just cut it down with an Exacto Knife, as many people did to use their iPhone's Unimited Data SIM with their 3G iPad.

TEG

5. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank You. Do you know if this will cost me a lot?

Or if anyone knows an estimate amount it would be great.

6. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8A293)

It shouldn't cost you anything at all.

7. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Agreed it shouldn't cost you anything.

Second thought though, if the iPhone 4 is still wrapped in the plastic and never opened you could just activate the micro sim installed in the device. :)

8. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Would that work? If its unopened and i Activate it at my house, it would be as if i ordered it from Apple themselves and my AT&T account will be on it?

9. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Correct. If it is un-opened and never activated, it would be just as if you had ordered it strait from apple at a no commit price. Then activate through itunes and it should go on your account no problem and you'll be up and running.

10. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Many Thanks to those who helped!
    Didnt think it would be that simple!

Thanks Everyone :apple: