iP4 on 4.1 Stuck in Recovery Mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Deasy, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Deasy, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010

Deasy macrumors member

Hi all,
    1st of i realise theres already 100000 threads on this issue but im just hoping more ppl see this 1, then mods can merge with another :)

So, my iphone is running 4.1 JBd with greenpoison
    Sunday night the battery died, and Monday i tried charging it but nothing happened. It just stays at the silver apple logo. Iv forced restarted it a few times but makes no dif. Iv put it in DFU mode a few times aswell.

Only once did i get the itunes>>>usb logo on my screen, so i connected it to itunes, but the only option it gave me was to restore and upgrade to 4.2.1 which i dont want to do. I want to stay on 4.1

How can i get the phone runnin again on 4.1? i still have my apps saved in pkgbackup when i upgraded to 4.1 (hopefully anyway). Do i need to re-JB using GPs DFU mode thing?

Iv never used TinyUmbrella b4 this so i cant use that to kick it out of recovery mode (buttons are unclickable)

Thanks for any help (might need to dumb it down tho, due to my sig haha ):)

2. mikedj macrumors newbie

fist use tinyumbrella latest version ir this dont lick ou of recovery download 4.1 frimware and then insert whit itunes click restore and press option key in if you are in mac if you are in pc press ALT and them search the frimware in your computer

3. Deasy, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010

Deasy thread starter macrumors member

^thanks for reply, but i sorted it just as u posted lol

i downloaded a 4.1 ispw file. opened itunes and resored to that. it failed, giving me some error msg. phone was left with intues>>usb logo
    i opened TU and exited recovery mode thru there, now im back to a working phone :)
    i have no contacts tho :mad: and obv gonna have to spend time JBing etc

edit> restored with a backup i had on itunes from last month when i upgraded to 4.1
    all good now :)
    gonna backup once a week ( or every 2) from now on tho, just incase