Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erictooth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2010
I just recently got my first iPhone 4 replaced because of the proximity sensor. It was running iOS 4.1 and the problem was confirmed at the Apple store. I got a replacement for it that is showing the exact same problem.

I can't stand being on a call and suddenly wondering why the other person can't hear me (because my cheek hit mute). Is anyone still having problems after updating?? I'm definitely holding the phone up against my ear (which worked fine on my 3GS).

Is it possible that this is a hardware problem on both phones or am I just dumb and doing something wrong? I'd just like to hear your opinions before I go back for another replacement.

Oh yeah one more thing, when is Apple going to fix the green spot that shows up in pictures? And the horrible white balance under artificial lights? That should be easily fixed in software, or they could at least provide a manual override.

Dark Goob

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I'm having the same problem with my iPhone 4 and the proximity sensor. I have made a youtube video showing the issue. Please view this and tell me if it's the same problem. I'm kinda ticked about this since tbh it really seems to be a design flaw, not a hardware or software glitch. Current workaround BTW: bluetooth headset ;p

-=Dg=-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m2CJOaWf0U

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.