Ip4 RDP

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iLoyal, Jan 20, 2011.

1. iLoyal macrumors regular

Hey guys, anyone know are there any ways to remote access(rdp) my computers at home with my iphone 4?? i would like to have full control to be able to view my folders/files on my computer while i am out working. thanks!!

2. enklined macrumors 6502

There are numerous apps in the AppStore that accomplish this. I've personally used a few, the most recent and probably my favorite being Jump.

3. phreebsd macrumors regular

4. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

Did you bother searching "RDP" on the App Store?

5. Dreamup macrumors newbie

You can use logmein ignision (create a free account at logmein.com add your pc and through your iphone you can have a full access anywhere).
    Teamviewer or VNC

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

couldn't you have searched 'RDP" in the App Store before creating a thread...:eek:

7. pesos macrumors 6502a

pesos

Well it's here - let's try to make something of the thread. I have iTap, and find it very usable on the iPad, and somewhat usable on the phone.

How is jump, and what do you like about it? Do they have a trial?

8. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I like LogMeIn. Mainly because the service is free; the app is $30, though. It has always worked well for me, even over 3G.

9. pesos macrumors 6502a

pesos

Wes - that's a great name! I use logmein for client machines all the time, but personally I don't want a beacon service running on my machine; most of my remote access is from other machines so I like running vanilla rdp. But good to know LMI has done a good job with their (pricey) app...

-Wes

10. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I used the first version of Jump but didn't like it, for RDP Jaadu is ok for me, but haven't used it in a long while.

11. iLoyal thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, Thanks guys! because when i searched for rdp in Cydia, I found it and I downloaded it; but after that, I dont see no icon or anything.... Also for those people who cried "couldnt you just search the app or did you bother to search for the apps" get off my thread and go cry somewhere else. I post for help and knowledge from other people; not for cry babies like you.
    Thanks

PS: Sorry, forgot to mention that i have 4.1 jailbroken and I would like to get an app through Cydia

12. thep33t macrumors regular

apple app store has it, and a billion others like it.

13. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Cool attitude, I went here to recommend an app but now I won't

14. outz macrumors 6502

ive been using winadmin since the appstore. always worked for connecting to windows systems.

realvnc has a nice relatively cheap app for connecting to osx/linux systems.

Jaadu makes great client for both of these, but there are far cheaper solutions out there.

15. bella92108 macrumors 68000

I haven't seen this yet, but similarly, I'd love to see an app (file manager) where I can access the other computers\drives on my network when I'm home on WiFi. I have a iMac and MB Air and a file store on the network what I access from the other computers, but to my knowledge it's not possible to access network shared drives on iPhone yet. Unless someone has an idea of how and I'm mistaken.

16. outz macrumors 6502

there was a guy a while back working on porting samba to the iphone, but from what i remember it would only let other pc's see the iphone as a network share. not sure if he got around to porting the smb client so the iphone could browse and mount cifs/smb shares.

i just use dropbox since i don't have a massive amount of stuff i care to share with the phone.

17. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Yeah Dropbox is good, but the reason I want it is I have a WDTV Live, and a hard drive attached to it. WDTV has an app for iPhone, but it won't delete things off the drive. I have to use my computer to connect to the network drive, then delete them. Would be nice to delete from iPhone.