iP4 screen issues update ... YELLOW Blotches, lines, etc.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by artofdesign, Jul 8, 2010.

1. artofdesign macrumors member

For those who had or have the yellow blotches or lines ... how are they 2 weeks out now?
    I had 2 blotches, one started small and faint and has now gone away, and another was larger and more yellow and it still remains, but has lost about 25% of its size.
    I'm tempted to call Apple to replace it but I'd like to see what you experiences are.

2. artofdesign thread starter macrumors member

3. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

First couple of days I noticed no yellow blotches or lines. Then after that I noticed the yellow blotches in the coners of the bottom of the screen. If they don't go away by the end of the week, I will probably make an appointment to get the phone replaced.

4. agoat macrumors regular

Ask for a replacement, they will replace you right away no problem

5. mckandy macrumors member

Mine went away. I didn't believe the "glue drying" thing and was skeptical, but they totally went away.

6. 55test55 macrumors 6502

bottom ones when away, line + circle in the middle remain.

7. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

When i got my iphone on launch day, i had 2 yellow dots at the bottom of the screen... one went away after about 3 days and the other remained.... though although i could just about see it - it became really visible when the phone got warm with use.... so i got the phone really warm (facetime is good at that!) and took it to the genius bar - they saw the yellow dot right away and just swapped it out......

Ant

8. Jetwash macrumors member

Had a yellow line from bottom left to bottom right for a week & it didn't get any better. Returned the phone via AppleCare & got a new one that looks perfect.

9. JasonH42 macrumors 6502

Mine had three large yellow spots at the top and they didn't fade. Had it replaced and the new screen is perfect - reception seems curiously better also. Perhaps the first few weeks production run was bad? My new one was manufactured week 24.

10. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

11. Despacio macrumors member

So I got my iPhone yesterday and it definitely has a yellow spot about the size of a small button on the bottom right of the screen. It's making me mad because I have a Wrapsol skin to apply but what's the point if I have to exchange the phone soon.

12. thesaint580 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

One went away. The other stayed but wasn't very noticeable until the device got hot. Took it to the store and they swapped it.

13. 55test55 macrumors 6502

Should I get it really hot before I take it in there?

14. gmikesell macrumors regular

Apple replaced mine no prob!

I had a launch day phone with a yellow blotch the size of a quarter. A week later it was the size of a dime and was only visible during heating. I took it in and they exchanged on the spot.

15. mikejfrd macrumors regular

I had a big spot on the upper left corner on day 1. It went away after about a week, but it returns when the phone gets hot (from being outside or in my car) I took it into Apple and they ordered a replacement no questions asked.

16. Branskins macrumors 65816