IP4 turns off after a few minutes into auto-lock (Sleep)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by acssprez1, Jul 24, 2010.

1. acssprez1 macrumors newbie

I consider myself somewhat experienced with iPhones, and have learned allot over the years just trolling and reading sites like Mac Rumors. This is one of my favorite sites :) However, this one problem is the first that has me stumped. Brand new iP4 and after a few days of no issues whatsoever, the phone started shutting off after it auto locks or sleeps. It will only restart if I perform a hard reset (Power and home button for 10 secs). Needless to say this is annoying. I have searched many sites such as Mac Rumors and can't seem to find an answer outside of having it replaced under warranty. Issue with that is that is I am currently in a war zone without an Apple Store within 10,000 miles :( Will not be back in the states until the middle of Sept.

I am hoping someone else with the same issue has found a resolution that they can share.

I have already performed a restore, and set it up as a new phone with just the basic iOS running. No additional apps, music, pics, contacts, or any other data has been installed. After restore I have even performed a hard reset and a settings reset for good measures. Still have the same problem.

Is there anyone else out here in iPhone land who can help?

Update: I read somewhere that a battery calibration may help. I have now drained it down to where it shut off on its own and am recharging it. I doubt this is the answer, but it can't hurt to try!

Update 2: The above effort failed to help me :(

2. acssprez1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump

I thought for sure there would be someone on this site who could help. Guess I will have to wait for demobilization back to the states and return it to Apple. Thanks to those who read my post. Moderator, please feel free to delete this post at your convenience. Thanks again

3. saket macrumors newbie

Help..?

Please im having this problem with my ipod since 3 weeks, i used to have no problems with my ipod, i was on 3.1.2 and it was alright, i jailbroke it using blackra1n, however suddenly it got stuck in DFU mode, so i had to restore it to iOS 4.1, and since then each time i lock my ipod, it turns off, to avoid such a thing i have to keep my ipod on the USB Cable, its really annoying, and it gets stuck alot while playing , and another thing that happens is that when it shuts off i have to hold the lock button and home button for around 8 seconds for it to work, which is really annoying, another way i found to keep my ipod working is to keep playing the music, which is battery consuming, so please i need some help..
    please reply soon, i would really appreciate your help, if you want you can contact me on my email:
    asoom2352@hotmail.com

Thanks..