IP4 Volume Increase Hack

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
London
Is there one? The IP4's I have tested so far have all been so much quieter than my 3G.

TechJunky

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2008
I'd like to know too. I think there was a Cydia app called Volume Boost..don't know if it works on the ip4. It's been my experience, and documented on several other threads, that the ip4 outputs through the headphones at a much lower volume than previous versions. I would love to fix this.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
London
I'd like to know too. I think there was a Cydia app called Volume Boost..don't know if it works on the ip4. It's been my experience, and documented on several other threads, that the ip4 outputs through the headphones at a much lower volume than previous versions. I would love to fix this.

Yes I know there is European rulings on volume levels, in a store at the weekend I played an ip4 and my old 3G music on speaker phone. The ip4 was noticeably more quiet.

vladzaharia

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
There seems to be some sort of software bug on the iPhone 4 in regards to speaker volume.

If you do a reboot, it should be back to normal.
The way I triggered it is by turning on vibrate, then turning it back off. This dropped my speaker volume drastically. To fix it, I did the same thing, but with headphones plugged in. After removing the headphones, the speaker volume was back to normal.

It's obviously some sort of issue with the software that causes it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.