iP4 Where To buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dnaida, Aug 14, 2010.

1. dnaida macrumors member

Sorry , im not from USA , im from Russia.
    I am going to USA next week and i want to buy iP4 Without contract.
    How much does it cost?

2. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

There are a number of places that sell the iPhone, however not many of them have them in stock for walk-in patrons. The other issue you face is that all iPhones sold in the US are carrier locked to AT&T, no matter how much you pay for it. Right now if you were to purchase an iPhone without a subsidy, it is $599 for the 16BG and $699 for the 32GB. The only place however I believe you can buy one without having to activate the AT&T contract is an Apple store.

Best to buy one in Europe at one of the places that sells unlocked phones.

3. marcin0903 macrumors regular

Or you can just buy that iPhone 4 in USA that is locked in ATT and than jb and unlock (you'll be able to do this unless your phone has 4.0.2)

4. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Check eBay, as they probably have more than a few iP4 unlocked by now.

5. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

As the other posters said, unless you JB, your screwed as USA iPhones are locket to AT&T. If you travel to Europe (UK, France etc) most countries there sell unlocked iPhones from Apple Stores. Or if you're near the north of the US, go to Canada to buy an unlocked one I think.

6. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Your best bet if you want a contract free iphone is buy one up here in Canada since they are unlocked when bought at full price.

7. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Plus, you need a social security number to get an AT&T line. Sorry, Zangief