iP4 won't charge on some USBs after tweak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bmwhd, Apr 7, 2012.

1. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

It appears that some recent change has affected my phone's ability to charge from certain USB accessories.

I suspect photoalbums+ based on another thread but even the author's latest beta makes no difference.

The phone charges perfectly from standard Apple charger. The USB chargers in question work perfectly with non-JB phones.

5.0.1 JB with redsn0w.

2. bmwhd thread starter macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

After more testing it seems the issue is limited to my iP4 on my iSimple gateway in one car.

The strange thing is that iSimple works with two non JB iPhones and worked with mine until a few days ago.

On a reboot the phone goes from charging to not charging rapidly 5 or 6 times then stops charging. This happens regardless of the state of charge.

Question - could a failing battery be drawing too many milliamperes for the charger in the unit? My phone is a day one iP4

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

I've used photoalbums+ since it's release on my I4 and now my 4S and never had this issue. try changing your usb cords and plugs around. Also if suspect it's tweak related uninstall one at a time till you find the problem or try rejailbreaking and starting fresh.

4. bmwhd thread starter macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Resolved

Ok. I'm an idiot. Fooled by a faulty connection that managed to be faulty only when my phone was connected until I started doing some serious testing with three different iPhones. Never mind :eek: