Ip4s and it's antenna

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bandofbrothers, Oct 7, 2011.

1. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi.

I'm really hoping the guys at Apple have resolved the issue that was with the iPhone 4 and it's antenna so the iPhone 4s does not lose signal when held near the antenna bridge on the left hand side.

2. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

I believe this was fixed. The 4S will use whatever antenna has the strongest signal now.

3. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Hi.

Is that a question, or...?

4. monksealpup macrumors regular

5. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Have you tried turtle soup?

6. bandofbrothers thread starter macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

7. appleaccessorie macrumors newbie

iPhone 4S has set 2 groups of antenna, one is used to receiving, and the other one is used to transmitting, and 2 groups of antennas can intelligence switch can ensure the sound quality. But the true effectiveness you should wait for you used.

8. bandofbrothers thread starter macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Really. Maybe u need to get out more and meet people..... lol

9. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

Steve-o was hyping up the new antenna system in the iP4 when it was shown off for the first time. We all know how "good" that new antenna design was. I agree real life testing should be done when it comes out the 14th.

I'm going to squeeze the 4S so hard just to prove it actually is fixed.

10. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Aside from flesh capacitively bridging the gap...

4 was a really great design, my signal strength compared to sammy's and HTC's around the office is stunning.

11. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

I had said I was not going to buy the 4S (not because of the absence of a new form factor, screen size or absence of LTE etc, but merely because the improvements generally did not make a compelling case to me due to the fact that I am not able to get a decent upgrade price from from my carrier).

However, *one* thing that may well change my mind is the allegedly improved antenna system. I have used various cases but for the last few months I have been going naked and I like going this way (I am careful with my phones).

So what I am waiting for is an Anandtech update on these results:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4163/verizon-iphone-4-review/2

Scroll down to just over half-way. The figure that is most of interest is the "holding naturally". Anything under say 9 dB attenuation and that may swing it for me.

12. scott craft macrumors 6502a

I'm interested to see how the 4S does also. The only complaint my wife has with her Verizon iphone is the reception. It's definitely a downgrade from the phone she had prior in the reception department.

13. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Yeah, I'm not sure why so many take it at face value that the antenna will be better. This is the same company that raved about their antenna in the 4 and then repeatedly denied any issues when real world testing proved it was horrible. I have hopes that the new system works well, but I certainly won't be shocked if we find that there are quirks with the way the new system works or we see buggy performance from it. No better testing team than the general public...