iP4s Battery issues...happening to you???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuzion11, Oct 15, 2011.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I ran my battery down to 0% it turned off automatically...but took over 20 minutes to turn back on...I was using my older iP4 charger. Does the iP4s charger have a stronger output??

Anyone else run into this issue??

Also I went for a nap yesterday, turned on my timer, woke up half way through and was going to turn off the timer, when I pressed the home button, my phone showed the apple logo, as if it powered itself off and on...the timer was still running when it finally turned itself back on....

Anyone else??

2. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

3. iManny macrumors newbie

I didnt do it the way you did it but I went to bed with 41% left and kept it on the charger and it only got 97 percent when i woke up 8 hours later!

4. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I think this is normal behavior if you run the battery dead.

If it just turned on once you plugged it in, it would die immediately if it was accidentally unplugged. It will charge until it has a few minutes of battery charge available before restarting.

But I usually don't run mine down to zero as supposedly it is not good to do all the time (Topping it off when you can is better.)

5. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

When its gets to 100% it stops charging and then starts again when it drops to 95%.