iP4S restore from backup disaster.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by NY Guitarist, Dec 26, 2013.

1. NY Guitarist, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013

NY Guitarist macrumors 65816

NY Guitarist

OK seriously just FML.

I just did a full back up, restore phone, then restore from back up and my freaking phone is not anywhere near the state it way it was previously.

NO where does anything warn you during the process that a restore from back does NOT restore your phone fully.

To quote iTunes " A FULL backup will be stored to this computer. Tons of stuff is missing, settings changed etc. None of my app except the stock app were restored.

WTF

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Ok... This is bad. You did not go to settings go to iCloud and scroll to the bottom hit storage and backup then make sure iCloud backup was on and hit back up now. If you had iCloud backup on you would have at least restored from the last time you had it plugged in and not using it. Please go turn that iCloud back up on now cuz its important. Like if something happened to my phone right now I could restore it from 1:44 am. Sorry i dont think you will get your stuff back because you learned the hard way. Sorry

3. NY Guitarist thread starter macrumors 65816

NY Guitarist

That's me, learning the hard way...!

Thanks will turn on iCloud backup now!

4. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Learning the hard way is never fun.