IP5 at&t unlock.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by woc2, May 16, 2013.

1. woc2 macrumors newbie

Hello there, Im new, firt post.
    I got an Iphone5 from a friend, carrier is AT&T and he is paying the fee to get away from contract. I bought the phone from him. I bought an unlock procedure from BreakThelock.com I'm still waiting for their response, but then I plugged the phone in Itunes (latest version) and restored the phone. Now the phone says
    SIM NOT VALID > only supported sim cards from supported carriers may be used to activate. please insert the sim card that came with iphone. please visit store.
    Does anyone know how could I fix this problem? and has anyone heard of Breakthelock.com? are they legit? thank you

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Has it gone past the 24 hour period? You need an official sim card to activate (i.e. AT&T) if it hasn't been unlocked yet.

AT&T would unlock the iPhone for free since he would be canceling the contract and paying the ETF.

3. woc2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nevermind, Got it! the service is legit, I just plugged it in on itunes and whithing a second, Iphone was factory unlocked. logged in on Simple mobile, and transfered sim card. Everything works. Now I just need to know how to transfer my Contacts and pictures and such.