IP5 case and screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by b3thomso, Nov 17, 2012.

1. b3thomso macrumors member

Hey guys,

Are there any IP5 cases out there that work with a screen protector. I have a casecrown case for my 4s that goes around the metal band and doesnt go around the screen so I dont have to worry about my screen protector bubbling. All the cases I am finding for the IP5 go around the screen itself which makes it near impossible to have a screen protector. Any suggestions?

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I would go as far as saying 99% of the cases you find work with a screen protector. The real issue is getting the screen protector perfectly centered so it does my male contact with cases that have a lip.

3. b3thomso thread starter macrumors member

I was looking at the Casecrown Bonbons case which is similar to the case I have now. But all the reviews say that the case is so tight that a screen protector wont work. This is not for me, its actually for my girlfriend. She needs a screen protector. And to make matters worse, I need it in pink!

4. KeithLilja macrumors member

You are a good man! Buy her the Spigen SGP Neo Hybrid EX Snow Series in Pink, ((www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-case-neo-hybrid-ex-snow-series.html)) which comes with front and back protectors....then make her buy you a sandwich.

5. b3thomso thread starter macrumors member

Hmm thats an interesting option. Screw a sandwich, i was thinking more along the lines of.....wait, nevermind!

6. itkindaworks macrumors newbie

7. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

A screen protector would definitely work with the casecrown bonbons.

8. KeithLilja macrumors member

I think its a good option! And its pink without being PINK! and its pretty sleek. haha I'm sure the mods appreciated your censorship

BOO OTTERBOX BOO

9. b3thomso thread starter macrumors member

You sure about that? It looks awfully snug...

10. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Hey - I have a pink slim Noot that I bought but actually like my white ones better. Let me know with a PM if you want it. The Noot doesn't interfere with the screen protector at all.

Attached Files:

11. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Back side of the pink Noot.

Attached Files:

12. KeithLilja macrumors member

By the way Nhwhazup, I got the Noot Bumper Case in the mail yesterday! Thank you so much for sending it out to me, I can't wait to use it.

13. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I would hope that every case is snug, or else your phone would just fall out. Like I said before, 99% of cases you find will work with a screen protector if you put the screen protector on straight. That case is a snap-on case, so it shouldn't even have a lip that would come up and onto the screen.

14. b3thomso thread starter macrumors member

Actually i was looking at the glider not the snap on

15. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

The casecrown bonbons which you referred to in an earlier reply is a snap-on if I'm not mistaken.

16. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

I'm having this issue with TwigCase. It bubbled up my temporary screen protector, so before I install a Power Support or Spigen I want to know their exact dimensions -- and if I have to, will trim to fit. I'm sticking with the TwigCase.

17. b3thomso thread starter macrumors member

There are actually both types in the Bonbons line from what I understand.