IP5 Case Request: uber thin, shock absorbing, screen coverage. and uber thin

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by treehunter, Sep 16, 2012.

1. treehunter macrumors newbie

HI all

Probably getting a lot of requests for cases right now and yes I've scrounged these forums looking at different cases ect ect. But i figured I'd make a thread to get the final say in what I get.

Iphone 5 Case Requirements: FULL BODY, including screen and preferably buttons as well. SHOCK ABSORBANT, but not 20 feet thick like the otterbox defender. EXTREMELY THIN, I need to be able to forget it's on there. Surface must not be RIDICULOUSLY GRIPPY, I need to be able to slide it out of my jeans pocket easily.

Tall oder, I know. What comes the closest?

Go.

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Extremely thin yet shock absorbent? It's one or the other I'm afraid.

3. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

4. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

The first thing that comes to mind is the Speck Pixelskin HD. Offers good protection while still being relatively slim, easy to grip but slides in and out of pockets easily.

I'm sure they will release it for the iPhone 5 soon enough. It's the only case I can think of that will be shock absorbent without being too thick.

5. Archer1440 macrumors 6502

Archer1440

Check my tunewear thread in this forum. I love their iPad shell and if the phone case is as good, will be a very good option. Have emailed them for availability.

Also, Power Support shell cases, when they eventually come out for iPhone 5. They're stronger than one might think.

I had my current iPhone 4 survive completely unscathed in a 4 foot drop and roll out of my motorcycle jacket to asphalt with pea-size gravel, destroyed the Power Support case (cracked - still usable but ugly) and wrecked the screen film, but there isn't a mark on the phone anywhere.

Best $29.00 I ever spent.

6. holyindian macrumors 6502

7. prezasti macrumors 6502

prezasti

I would also like to know how legit these are?

8. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Go to www.iskin.com and look at the REVO 4 for the iPhone 4. They will be coming out with an iPhone 5 version as the REVO has been part of their lineup since the beginning.