Ip5 hotspot for xbox live??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tobias Funke, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

Anybody use there iPhone5 hotspot to play xbox live?

Problems? Will it work?

I am thinking about this because it looks like upload speeds are faster on mobile network than my home network!

Also make full use of unlimited data! :D

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

I wouldn't even recommend using Wi-Fi if you're remotely serious about gaming.

The problem with using cellular data for games is that there's much more latency involved, not only making your game experience worse, but everyone else's too.

If you have no other option to get online for an hour, it'll be ok - it definitely does work.

In any other scenario, use your home internet connection. The experience is almost certain to be better.

3. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

It will be Sloooooooow...you will lag, and your data usage will explode

4. kingdLo macrumors 6502

It'll work fine for a little bit. Not a permanent solution though.

I used to play COD using a TMobile G2 on their '4g' network. Sometimes it would work for 2+hours, other times it would lag me into oblivion.

5. Nuttydev macrumors 6502

My friend used it for PS3 and it was fine, though the ping can fluctuate a bit.

6. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

I agree that's it's not a good permanent solution. I played Call of Duty MW2 on PS3 with the hotspot connection from T-Mobile 4G with my HTC Sensation back in the day and sometimes it worked great, other times it was too laggy to stomach. I only used it if the Time Warner internet was down for some reason.