IP5 iOS 7 "Waiting for changes to be applied" stuck in iTunes

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by E2EK1EL, Aug 9, 2013.

1. E2EK1EL macrumors 6502

Anyone else have this issue?

Everything syncs, it just doesn't want to get out of this finalization state in iTunes and tried everything, even down to removing my music which causes this issue in iOS5 in 2011

"Waiting for changes to be applied
    IP5 iOS7 Beta 5

2. jayinla macrumors regular

Having this issue tonight. I had about 7000 songs already on iphone 5, just trying to synch a few cuts and just couldn't. I read that Beta 5 is only playing nice with the new beta iTunes when it comes to synching. Can anyone else confirm this?

3. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Yep same here on 4s b5. Never can get a sync of pics or songs. I turned off all items to see if it would successfully complete applying and it wouldn't. I can not download previous purchased music directly to the device either. Get the retry over and over. Restored to 6.1.3 to see and all is well. So guess its a b5 issue for sure. Or as stated needs iTunes 11.1 to work correctly.

4. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I unplugged after a few minutes of waiting for this to finish and everything has been fine. Syncs have been finishing normally since.

5. E2EK1EL thread starter macrumors 6502

Well iTunes 11.1 Beta 1 doesn't fix the issue either

Guess we all have suck it up until 08.19.13 for Beta 6

6. merrickdrfc macrumors 6502

Can confirm iTunes 11.1 beta does not fix issue with syncing with beta 5 - iPhone 5.

7. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Guess that's a good thing. If it only works with 11.1 that will have to be revisited before release for certain. I was wondering if that was Apples way of getting rid of non-developer's installing the beta. Guess not.

8. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

You need to install the developer SDK….

9. latormenta macrumors member

Hit or miss for me. Sometimes it will take an average amount of syncing time. The other day it took well over 30 minutes so I just unplugged it.

10. ECJ macrumors 6502

ECJ

I had this same issue, but this fixed it. I have iTunes 11.1 beta 1 and iPhone 5 iOS 7 Beta 5. I did some searching. There is the "Mobile Device Installer Package" that has been out since Beta 3, and fixes the issue. If you google "Mobile Device Installer Package" with quotes you will find it very easily. Only thing is that this is Mac only.

11. E2EK1EL thread starter macrumors 6502

From what I've observed today after a restore, when this happens I have 30 photos that didn't sync properly after the restore.

I plug in and resync, everything goes through and it sits there "waiting for changes to be applied"

Running on Windows, I'm stuck with the problem and gotta suck it up.

12. merrickdrfc, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013

merrickdrfc macrumors 6502

Originally didn't have the iOS 7 SDK on the machine I was using However having installed the latest Mobile Device Installer and Xcode beta the problem seems to still exist. MBA running 10.8.4 and iTunes 11.1 B1, iPhone 5 running iOS 7 B5

13. E2EK1EL thread starter macrumors 6502

14. E2EK1EL, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013

E2EK1EL thread starter macrumors 6502

Learned something yesterday; if you restore from a back up that has this "Waiting for Changes to be applied" error, it will carry forth to new restore and continue each time you sync it to iTunes.

15. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

This is absolutely not true

To the others - does a hard reset (hold power and home button) remedy it?

16. E2EK1EL thread starter macrumors 6502

I had the iMessage silent notification bug, I did a hard rest and it fixes that problem, but didn't solve this one.

17. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

Strange - I've only done complete clean installs with each beta as to not gum up the works...haven't experienced this issue.

18. E2EK1EL thread starter macrumors 6502

Also tried a clean install, same deal after a few syncs.

19. E2EK1EL, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013

I've figured it out, every time I did a network reset it would ask me for my Apple ID password, I don't know why until a few hours ago.

Delete whatever the current back up that is currently running on; then I've turned off Automatic Downloads for app Updates, network reset and did a new back up. Totally ignored the "Waiting for changes to be applied" in iTunes, ejected the iPhone and made sure the new back is sitting inside iTunes and entered into restore mode for a restore.

Now it doesn't asked me for my Apple ID password and everything syncs to iTunes smoothly tonight.

EDIT: Negative it came back again, it's asking for my Apple ID but Auto update is turned off.

http://youtu.be/oW9f04Dctz4

The Apple ID requesting could be from the Activation Lock, which is "preferred" (as no mandatory) to be set before using it, since I gotta type it in before I erase it or after a restore without erasing the iPhone

20. E2EK1EL, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013

Strange experience; I was messing with Beta 5 & 6 for fun tonight and it happened again, rebooted with my WiFi on & connected ... the problem went away.

I had incomplete Photo syncing, 28 pics that didn't sync over the first time.

21. Scottyltd macrumors member

Scottyltd

I had incomplete Photo syncing, 28 pics that didn't sync over the first time.[/QUOTE]

Same problem (kind of). The pics that didnt sync over were the ones that were doubles. as soon I as I told iPhoto to copy them also (not ignore), my iPhone synced perfectly. Just means I have 7 double photos in iPhoto. Just delete doubles and all back to normal.

Helps??