IP6+ 1080p screen Vs 1440p screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChubZ, Sep 18, 2014.

1. ChubZ macrumors regular

I keep hearing about how the LG G3's 5.5 inch screen is superior than the iPhone 6 Plus' display. I have the LG g3 and it's a great phone but once that screen comes on, the battery sucks down fast. Not to mention no one can figure out why LG decided to add increased sharpening to the screen, it makes text look horrible.

There is no benefit to a 2k screen at 5.5 inches. I would rather have the battery life and 1080p screen resolutions are plenty fine for a hand held device.

I understand that specs look sexy...but functionality wins.

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Personally I wish OEMs would simply keep the PPI around a 'retina' style 300 - 350 to preserve battery life and increase performance... too bad they don't care and simply want an useless spec they can gloat about to try and sell the phone to people who don't know any better :(

3. Djentleman macrumors 6502

Djentleman

Precisely. 1080 is already almost entirely unnoticeable at normal viewing distance. No clue why people need a 4k display on a display of that size. It's just another number on a spec sheet for people to compare.

4. aleni macrumors 68020

in android world, only SONY that has the same thinking as apple. very clever. put 1080 in flagship phone so you can get better battery life instead put 2k screen on a phone which is very hard to notice for normal people unless you have the eyes of the eagle and have lag, micro stutters on UI like on the LG G3.

5. ChubZ thread starter macrumors regular

This

If someone can tell you they see the difference between 1440p vs 1080p, on a device that's 5.5 inches....then they need to enlist and get a job at NASA.

It's just like the 4k TV hype. I had my mind set on getting a 65 inch Samsung 4k TV and they had it sitting next to Samsung's top of the line 1080p set the 65F8000. I walked out with the 1080p set.

6. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

Except on a TV, considering how large they can get, 4k can actually be very useful.