IP6 And Slow Mo AirPlay

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Cell-666, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Cell-666 macrumors 6502a

Just tried to play a slow mo video from my iPhone 6 on one of my Apple TV but there was no loading or playing, anyone else managed to get it to work yet, does it work?

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Yeah, same problem here. I have the 2nd gen. Apple TV which only does 720p. But I understand 240 fps slo-mo on the iPhone 6 (Plus in my case) is 720p anyway, and I believe it is 30 fps. I actually can't get any video to Airplay off the iPhone 6. It either blacks out the screen or shows a still frame. And does not work with mirroring on or off. The mirroring of the phone itself works, I can see the UI and photos, etc. but video is a no-go so far. :confused:

Hopefully this is another iOS8 bug that will get fixed, after all probably no one at Apple even tried it on a 2nd gen Apple TV.

3. Cell-666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tried on all three ATV we have, none worked one 180 version and two 720 version ATV's so yeah looks properly broken.

4. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

a no go on slo mo on my AppleTV.

took a family hike this weekend, shot photos, videos, time-lapse and slo-mo.

slo mo was the only one NOT working.
    120fps or 240fps.

tried both methods to AirPlay without luck.

I have the NEW ui so I guess I have a third Gen AppleTV.
    kinda sucked.

5. CTay macrumors member

Same here for the Iphone 6 with Apple TV 3. No video playback. Simply freezes or a blank screen appears.