iP6+ Lightning Port

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Illest, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Illest, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014

Illest macrumors newbie

Hello, is anybody else's iPhone 6 Plus (or iPhone 6) not having a secure "click"/"snap" when plugging your lightning cable to the Lightning port of your Phone?

I was so used to my previous Lightning port devices having that secure "click"/"snap" sound when plugging in the lightning cable to my previous iOS devices.

Thanks.

2. thewebb macrumors regular

thewebb

Mine definitely makes a secure sound. It feels like it's safe. And try holding your phone by the lightning cable to see if the cable comes out or not.

3. J.C macrumors 6502

Is it a genuine lightning cable? There's a lot of variation with non-genuine cables.

4. wc17 macrumors member

I have the iPhone 6 and I have the same "issue"...it's not that big a deal as the cable works and feels just as secure as my 5 and 5s BUT it definitely doesn't have that final "clicking" feel that my previous phones (and ipad) had/have...

Not worried right now but it may turn into the phone not charging properly so I'll just keep an eye on it and take it to the Apple Store if any issues come up because of it.