iP6(+) Mime Ghost Glass Colored

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Val-kyrie, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Val-kyrie macrumors 65816

Has anyone used the Mime Ghost Glass Colored glass screen protectors for the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus yet?

They are supposed to be edge-to-edge and look a lot like the iLoome protectors, so I am curious about their fit and compatibility with cases.

2. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 6502a

H3LL5P4WN

I just ordered one as my Feather+ just cracked. I'll post pics once it arrives.

3. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

See my post in the "holy grail" thread for a brief review and pics. I wasn't satisfied and returned it.

4. Jzhann macrumors newbie

Steer away. I had the black one come in last week and once I installed it, the black parts where the glass is supposed to be colored is actually metallic instead of black. The product was highly misleading, and another person in another thread had the same experience. The company was nice enough to send me the feather+ instead which is what I asked for instead of a refund.

5. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Yep, exactly (I'm the person in the other thread).

6. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 6502a

H3LL5P4WN

It's kind of hard to tell with your pics. I've already got a tracking number, so I'll go ahead and install and see what it looks like all put together. :/

7. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 6502a

H3LL5P4WN

So I've got mine, and got it installed.

The edges are not curved, so either I got the wrong screen protector or their description is deceptive.

With that out of the way, this screen protector is black, not some weird reflective silver as was stated. It's black.

It's flat, and it's thicker than the Feather+. It has a neat effect of going nearly to the lip of the case I use, which while I lose any table ability, I no longer have to worry about the apple glass getting scratched (which has happened with the Feather+ since it wasn't full coverage.

My only caveat is that the light sensor might be being interfered with.

8. LFCYNWA macrumors regular

how thin is it? is it heavy? can you compare it with the iloome?

9. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

Seems thinner then the iloome. as the above poster stated it does not curve at the edges. i prefer it over the iloome, seems smoother, just not as smooth as the zagg glass.

10. LFCYNWA macrumors regular

Thanks, the iiloome isn't sharp at the edges, is the mime sharp? Also does it work the apple leather case?

11. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

if anything this one may be a tiny bit sharper at the edges. but only a little. not sure, i dont have an apple case but so far it fits with my shimmer,versus iron shield, neo hybrid, and a regular tpu case, no go on my speck candy shell tho.

12. LFCYNWA macrumors regular

thank you for all of your information, i might just go ahead with the mime.

Especially since it seems to be a bit slimmer/lighter in weight compared to the iloome