iP6+ PASSBOOK app - Unable to scan reward cards?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ET iPhone Home, Dec 13, 2014.

1. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I've yet to successfully scan any of my reward cards. They're all fairly worn out with use. Should I get a replacement for all cards? The only issue with this is whether my reward points will get transferred to a new number.

Is there any other option? Do you guys use PASSBOOK? Can I manually enter the number for each card? Where and how?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Did you mean bank/credit reward cards that you link with Apple Pay or store reward cards?

If store reward cards, download CardStar app and upload your store cards.

If you have gift cards, download Gyft app, upload your gift cards, and add to Passbook.

4. ET iPhone Home thread starter macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I'm talking about the PASSBOOK App. Once you open it, it gives you two options: Option 1. Apple Pay to enter CC#'s, and Option 2. your gym membership, airline frequent flyer numbers, grocery store savings cards etc.

I'm trying to use that app to scan option 2, but every time I scan a card, it won't register it.

----------

Isn't this barcode generator built-in within the app itself? There's a window that will auto-size itself to read the bar code of a given card. It won't read any of my cards.