IP6 S iTunes problem...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StarShot, Sep 25, 2015.

1. StarShot macrumors 6502

StarShot

My new IP6 S will NOT recognize one of my iTunes passwords in...

Setting/iCloud

The same user name/password works fine in iTunes on my MBA. The next option in Settings...

Settings/App and iTunes Stores

I can sign in with the same user name/password that doesn't work in "Settings/iCloud".

I have an appointment with the Genius Bar on Tuesday if I can't clear this matter up. I suspect if I did a "Reset All Settings" and installed it again, everything might be fine.

I'm getting tired of seeing a popup window asking me to sign in to iTunes and then not accepting my CORRECT password.

Any ideas before I trot into the Genius bar on Tuesday?

2. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

I had this problem.. it just eventually.. worked, haha. I didn't do anything to fix it, I just hit cancel during the prompts and entered it again a while later. Maybe their servers are being hit a lot and so things are a little wonky?

3. danmart macrumors 6502

danmart

I had the same problem, and went with the same solution :)

4. StarShot thread starter macrumors 6502

StarShot

You MIGHT be right. The problem starts with accepting "terms and conditions". When I click on it, I get the following prompt "Unable to connect to the server". And of course, everything on this page is "grayed".

I have a Genius appointment on Tuesday, but maybe a quick trip to my local Apple store would allow a connection to THE SERVER.

IF I don't get this corrected by Tuesday, I'm going to ask the Genius what he thinks about a RESET, Erase All Content and Settings and start over. This iTunes popup screen is starting to piss me off BIG time.

5. StarShot thread starter macrumors 6502

StarShot

I finally solved my "iTunes not accepting my valid password" by nuking the phone. In other words, I went with the reset "erase all content and settings". Then I chose the setup as a new phone. After doing that, I restored from my iTunes backup. I used the procedure at the link below. The hardest thing about this procedure is turning OFF Find my Phone.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263